Family Connections, Inc. is now a Primary Provider for Ukraine adoptions! We are excited about this new opportunity to provide primary provider services for families who wish adopt from Ukraine. Below are some frequently asked questions about our program.
Who can adopt from Ukraine?
- Married couples over 21 years old.
- Parents must be at least 15 years older than the child(ren) they want to adopt.
- Never had parental rights terminated.
- Never annulled an adoption.
- Never have abandoned children, biological or adopted.
- Must meet the federal guidelines for finances.
- Must meet state and federal requirements for adoptive parents.
What children are available for adoption?
- Special needs children, 5 years old and under
- Healthy children, 6 to 16 years old
- Sibling groups, 2 to 16 years old (one child must be older than 5 years)
How much does a Ukraine adoption cost?
Ukraine adoption costs vary based on many factors. You can see our fee schedule by clicking the link below. Please read the fee schedule carefully. We are required by regulation to list every possible expense a family may have to pay during the course of their adoption. You will not end up paying every fee that we have listed, only the fees for the services you use.
Contact us at 607-756-6574 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request
a fee schedule and/or information packet concerning adoption from Ukraine.
Wondering how you can afford adoption? Family Connections offers our clients free access to an adoption finance coach who will help them plan their finances and find adoption loan and grant programs. Click here to learn about this great program!
How much time will I spend in Ukraine during the adoption process?
You will take 2 or 3 trips to Ukraine, depending on the choices you make.
Where will I stay in during my trips?
Your facilitator in Ukraine will arrange for you to stay in one bedroom or two bedroom apartments during your trips for about $35.00-$55.00/night. You can also arrange to stay in a hotel if you prefer, but it will be more expensive. Here is a typical apartment you might stay in:
If you are interested in learning more about adopting a child from Ukraine you can click on the following links to read more about the process of adopting a child. You can also contact us at Family Connections, Inc. at 607-756-6574 or email@example.com for a personal consultation via telephone, Facetime, or in person at our office.
- Outline of the Ukraine Adoption Process
- USCIS The Universal Accreditation Act of 2012
- Adoption Attorney Information
- US Department of State Intercountry Adoption
- Adoption Finance Coaching for our Clients
- Ukraine Embassy and Consulate Information
Family Connections, Inc. also provides primary provider services for Ukraine Hosting. Please give us a call for more details.